Topic I. Emotions
Discuss in group emotions presented in the movie “Hi, Tereska”. Please, answer the following questions:
• What are your impressions after watching this movie? What do you feel? What emotions did it evoke in you?
• In what way does the main protagonist look at the world, what are her feelings? What is their common nature? How does Tereska cope with fear, uncertainty, sadness, anger?
• What could the main protagonist do to bring under control the feeling of anger, which causes her to committing such a dramatic deed at the end of the movie?
• Which of the movie protagonists’ feelings do you share?
• Does any of the characters in the movie irritate you? Why?
Topic II. Family relations
Talk about the influence of family and peer environment on the shaping of Tereska’s personality. Discuss emotional deficiencies of Tereska’s family and environment. Please, answer the following questions:
• What is Tereska’s relationship with her father and mother?
• What is lacking from the protagonist’s emotional life?
• What influences the parents’ attitude towards Tereska?
• How does Tereska’s father build his esteem?
Topic III. Value system
In group discuss the value system of characters presented in the “Hi, Tereska” movie. Please, answer the following questions:
• What values are most important to Tereska and her colleagues?
• Do the protagonists of this movie live in accordance with some value system?
• Does Tereska respect herself and others? In what way?
• Does any of the movie characters evoke your respect? Who is it and why do you respect that character?
Topic IV. Where to find help in a difficult situation?
In group discuss the possible ways of helping Tereska. Please, answer the following questions:
• Why does Tereska give up on her dreams (designing clothes)? Does the protagonist ask for help? Why not?
• Does Tereska meet wise grownups in her life? What follows from such meetings for her?
• If she received support from any of the grownups or her friends, would she find motivation in herself for realization of her dreams?
• Who Tereska could ask for help? Talk about other ways of getting help and of how important is the ability of asking for it.