QUESTIONS FOR GENERAL DISCUSSION:
1. Is the film The Magic Tree a modern fairy tale? What are the characteristics of a fairy tale? What features of a fairy tale can we find in this story?
2. What is the history of the magic chair? What are its properties?
3. Are the film’s characters divided into positive and negative? Which characters are positive and which are “villains”?
QUESTIONS CONCERNING INDIVIDUAL SCENES:
1. What kind of a family is presented to us at the beginning of the film? What is the parents’ attitude to their children?
2. What do the parents promise to their children?
3. What is the reason behind their change of behaviour?
4. How are they presented before the change and what difference can be noticed in the way the actors are filmed after the change? Why the mother is presented on the black background?
5. Do parents always keep their promises? If they do not, what do their children feel?
1. How does the chair change the characters? Do all of them change?
2. What change can be noticed in the aunt?
3. What is the difference between the first and the second greeting of children by their parents?
4. What does the aunt dream about in the final scene of the film? Is it surprising for the audience?
5. What would you do if you had a magic chair? What do you dream about?
6. Is it worthwhile to follow one’s dreams? Should every dream be fulfilled?