Topic of the lesson
“And what if our dreams come true…” – about the need of magic in everyday life as shown in the film “The Magic Tree” directed by A. Maleszka.
Prepared by: Dorota Gołębiowska
Educational level: primary school, 5th-6th grade
Duration: 2 × 45 minutes (plus the time for watching the film)
- development of competences concerning the concious reception of a cinematographic work,
- learning the means of expression used to characterize a film character,
- noticing cultural context of the film,
- ability to make judgements about a film character’s conduct,
- improving writing skills,
- improving group work skills.
Methods of work
discussion and discussion-based methods: “partner for discussion” and “snow ball”; brainstorming; group work